This Livestream API License Addendum (the "API Addendum") is a part of the Livestream Terms of Service Agreement and applies to your use of the Livestream API (defined below) and related tools and documentation.
The following terms have the following meanings:
- "Access Keys": The key and secret required for Advanced Applications.
- "Access Token": A representation of an End User who has approved your Application.
- "Application": Any application that you develop using the Livestream API to use, search, display, upload, and/or modify the Livestream Content.
- "Advanced Application": An Application that can access private data on the Livestream Website or modify the Livestream Content.
- "Developer Tools": Our software development kit, tools documentation, and other content available on our developer website other than the Livestream API and the Livestream Player.
- "End User": A user of the Livestream Website or an Application, as applicable.
- "End User Credentials": An End User's log-in credentials, including email address and password.
- "Livestream API": The Livestream API (Application Programming Interface) is a REST-based interface that allows third parties to set and retrieve data on the Livestream website in a secure and standardized fashion. With proper End User authentication, we provide access to various features of the Livestream API, including the ability to manage events and videos.
- "Livestream Content": All content or data that is stored or transmitted by us or our End Users and metadata associated with such content, including End User Credentials.
- "Livestream Marks": The LIVESTREAM name and logo.
- "Livestream Player": The video player provided by us.
- "Livestream Website": The website located at livestream.com.
2. Limited License
Subject to your compliance with the terms hereof, we grant you a revocable, limited, worldwide, non-exclusive license to use the Livestream API and the Developer Tools for the purpose of developing, publicly displaying, and distributing an Application. We may revoke this license at any time for any reason. We may also limit calls from your Application at any time for any reason. Upon revocation or termination of the license, you will immediately cease using the Livestream API and Developer Tools.
3. Conditions Applicable to All Applications
All Application developers must comply with the following conditions:
- You will not mislead End Users.
- You will not display advertisements within the Livestream Player (e.g., pre- or post-roll ads, flash overlay ads, etc.) without our prior written consent.
- You will not alter, remove, replace, or mask any aspect of the Livestream Player (including the playbar, logo, and like, embed, and share features) without our prior written consent.
- You will not charge End Users a fee for using your Application without our prior written consent.
- You will not represent that we have approved your Application without our prior written consent, nor will you suggest that you or your Application is affiliated with us.
- You will only allow uploads from your Application to accounts that we approve. We may grant approvals to upload to (a) your account only; (b) certain types of accounts only; and (c) all accounts.
- You will comply with any API best practices that we publish.
- You will make it easy for End Users to disconnect from your Application.
- You will not reverse engineer or decompile the Livestream API.
- You will not crawl or data mine Livestream Content without our prior written consent.
- You will not introduce malware through the Application.
- You will not modify videos on the Livestream Website (except that End Users may modify their own videos through your Application).
- You will only request, use, and retain Livestream Content as necessary to operate, optimize, and modify Your Application.
- You will not make API calls exceeding a reasonable amount per day.
- You will immediately forward to us any notices made pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act with respect to any Livestream Content.
- You will immediately notify us of any data breach or vulnerability resulting in the actual or potential unauthorized disclosure or End User information.
4. Conditions Applicable to Advanced Applications
Developers of Advanced Applications must comply with the following conditions (in addition to Section 3):
- You must obtain End Users' express consent before exposing your Application to them.
- You will only authenticate End Users using one of our provided authentication methods.
- You must apply for Access Keys in order to use an Advanced Application. You will keep Access Keys confidential and not disclose them to third parties including End Users. We may change Access Keys at any time.
- You will not seek or collect End User Credentials without our prior written consent. If we allow you to seek or collect End User Credentials, you will keep such End User Credentials confidential and immediately delete such End User Credentials after receiving an Access Token. Under no circumstances will you retain End User Credentials.
5. Intellectual Property
- As between us and you, (a) we own the Developer Tools, the Livestream API, the Livestream Content, the Livestream Marks, the Livestream Player, and the Livestream Website; and (b) you own your Application. Except as expressly set forth herein, neither party transfers any right, title, or interest in or to its intellectual property. All rights not expressly granted by us are reserved. We may develop applications and services that are similar to your Application.
- Subject to your compliance with the terms hereof, we grant you a limited, non-exclusive, revocable license to use the Livestream Marks for descriptive purposes in connection with your Application. You must comply with any branding guidelines that we publish. You may not use the Livestream Marks in the name or logo of your Application (i.e., you may not call your Application a "Livestream application") without our prior written consent.
- You grant us a limited, non-exclusive license to use your name, logo, and trademarks for the purpose of listing or featuring your Application. You further grant us permission to link to your Application. The foregoing rights shall not be deemed obligations by us to promote your Application.
6. Term and Termination
This API Addendum shall constitute a single, integrated agreement between us that governs your use of the Livestream API and Developer Tools (and any Application that uses them) and shall be separate from any other agreement you have with us with respect to any other products or services. This API Addendum will continue for as long as you use the Livestream API or Developer Tools or operate an Application that uses them or until we terminate this API Addendum. We may terminate or suspend this API Addendum at any time for any reason with or without cause, and without notice to you. The following provisions will survive termination or expiration: Sections 1, 5.1, and 8.
7. Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that (a) you have the right and authority to enter into and perform your obligations herein; (b) you have the right to grant the permissions set forth herein; (c) you will not be breaching any agreement with a third party by entering into this API Addendum; and (d) your Application will not infringe any third party's intellectual property rights or violate any applicable law.
You will indemnify, defend, and hold harmless us and our subsidiaries, parents, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents, from and against all third-party actions arising from: (a) your access to, and use of, the Livestream API and Developers Tools; (b) your Application or any End User's use of it; or (c) your breach of this API Addendum.