8 Must-Know Statistics About Livestreaming for Houses of Worship [Infographic]
Worship and faith-based communities are one of the fastest-growing groups online. Livestreaming for houses of worship is changing the way congregations practice their faith. More houses of worship are looking to streaming video to reach their congregations around the world.
Livestreaming worship services and study groups is becoming more commonplace for parishioners. In 2016, 2,778 houses of worship across 59 countries used Livestream to broadcast 166,700 services, ceremonies, and meetings. With live video, your worship community can come together and hear the same message wherever they may be.
“We were looking for a way to get our product out there and this was the easiest to access for a wide variety of people and more user-friendly.” – TJ Barnes, Athletic Director at St. Joseph Catholic Church and School, Fayetteville, AR
1. 33% of parishioners first learned about their church online. (Source: The Church Online)
2. 64% of parishioners say their church’s website is important in facilitating participation and attendance. (Source: The Church Online)
3. Almost half of U.S. adults (46%) have seen someone share their faith online. (Source: Pew Research Center)
4. 20% of adults say they have shared their beliefs on social media. (Source: Pew Research Center)
5. Since using Livestream, Champions Centre Church now receives 70% of total donations online.
6. In 2016, 2,778 houses of worship across 59 countries used Livestream to broadcast 166,700 events online.
7. In 2015
a. 14% of all online donations were made with a mobile device. (Source: Blackbaud)
b. $2.2b was donated online. (Source: Blackbaud)
c. 56% of online giving was donated on a branded giving page. (Source: Blackbaud)
The features of church websites that people rely on most:
Watch sermons and worship services online
Search for opportunities to serve
Look up worship service information
Take the opportunity to forward religious content to others
Read and share visitor information
(Source: The Church Online)
WANT TO LEARN MORE ABOUT STREAMING SOLUTIONS FOR YOUR CONGREGATION? DOWNLOAD OUR HOUSE OF WORSHIP GUIDE TO LEARN:
- How the Champions Centre uses livestreaming services to reach their viewers wherever they are.
- Real life use cases for congregations of all sizes.
- The equipment and tools organizations are using to connect worshippers with live video.