These 8 Stats Show How Livestreaming Concerts Boost Ticket Sales [Infographic]
Livestreaming concerts can turn an intimate set in a small venue into a global phenomenon. Venues and festivals are livestreaming events to reach bigger audiences than ever before. Giving audiences a platform to enjoy their favorite artists from anywhere in the world is changing the way we experience live music.
The popularity of livestreaming concerts is a boon for ticket sales. Instead of “cannibalizing” revenue, viewers who watch live concerts are more likely to buy a ticket to a similar event in the future. Livestreaming music and performances puts audiences in the moment in ways that video-on-demand cannot.
1. Live video music stream viewership is increasing at a rate of 28.6% year-over-year. (Source: Nielsen End-of-Year Music Report)
2. Music video streams grew 101.9%. (Source: Nielsen End-of-Year Music Report)
3. After watching a live video of an event, 67% of viewers are more likely to buy a ticket to a similar concert or event. (Source: Livestream and New York Magazine “Win a Free Mevo” Survey)
4. 45% of live video audiences would pay for live, exclusive, or on-demand video from a favorite team, speaker, or performer. (Source: Livestream and New York Magazine “Win a Free Mevo” Survey)
5. 87% of audiences, who would prefer to watch online if it meant more behind-the-scenes content. (Source: Livestream and New York Magazine “Win a Free Mevo” Survey)
6. 1.8M words is worth one minute of video, according to Dr. James McQuivey of Forrester Research.
7. Coachella livestreamed both weekends on three stages with over 60 acts to the tune of 9M views. (Source: Forbes Magazine)
8. Since using Livestream, the Pickathon music festival’s digital audience has grown from 11,000 in 2015 to 200,000 in 2016. (Source: Streaming Live Music with the Pickathon Music Festival)
Want to learn more about why Livestream is the best platform for live streaming concerts and live music?
- How Pickathon’s live video strategy boosted revenue.
- How Pickathon used their live video content to continue the conversation post-festival.
- Why Livestream’s ad-free platform is a perfect choice for independent creatives.