What’s new for Livestream at NAB 2017? 4K streaming and encoding, NDI support for Studio, Mevo for Android, and more!
NAB (the National Association of Broadcasters) is the world’s leading tradeshow and community for broadcast video and media. Convening every year in Las Vegas, NAB begins April 23 and always brings exciting new products and releases to the video broadcast industry.
If you are in Las Vegas visit Livestream at NAB 2017 in booth C1707 at Central Hall to meet with our team and see demos of our products and latest features. This year we’re doing something a little different than the traditional booth and demo stations.
For those who can’t make it to NAB, we’ll be streaming live from the floor with the Live Streaming Pros. If you’re visiting the NAB showroom floor, come watch the Live Streaming Pros produce and stream the show with our Livestream Mevo and Studio products.
Everything we do at Livestream is to put the unrivaled reach, authenticity, immediacy, and emotional power of live broadcast television in the hands of every storyteller. Livestream is the only end-to-end live video solution that empowers organizations of any size to create high quality broadcasts that reach viewers across platforms. We deliver and improve on this commitment every day, from our new three-camera Livestream Studio Kit, and integrations with Facebook and YouTube, to the continuing growth of our support and services teams.
Every event should be available live online, and we’re working toward this goal daily with exciting new features and products. Brands are no longer limited to streaming to a single audience or platform. Streaming to multiple social audiences is a great way to grow awareness, engagement, and viewership that can then be directed back to your own website. Livestream has made this simple with a single dashboard to manage your live video content across social channels (including Facebook and YouTube) and a unified analytics view to measure your audiences across these platforms.
We’re excited about the new features and products we’ve announced in Q1 and at NAB, and look forward to meeting customers and old friends at NAB again this year.
New Livestream NAB Product Releases:
- Mevo by Livestream – The Live Event Camera
- A new beta Mevo Android App (v1.0b1) – Mevo was previously only available on iOS. We are excited to unveil today the first version of our Android App in beta (available today for download). Full release in the Google Play app store is expected by the end of Summer 2017.
- A beta release of the new iOS Mevo App (v1.5b1) with new features is also available today for download. App store releases of these features is scheduled for Summer 2017.
- YouTube Live (beta) – We’re pleased to announce Mevo support for YouTube Live. Now you can use Mevo to stream to Livestream, Facebook Live, YouTube, and Twitter/Periscope.
- 4K Recording (beta) – Mevo was a 720p camera, but now via a free app and software update you can now record in 4K 30fps 50Mbps on your Mevo SD card. Other bitrate options and 1080p resolution are also available.
- 1080p Streaming (beta) – Previously locked to 720p, you can now stream in 1080p to supporting platforms (for now, Livestream and YouTube).
- Advanced Facebook Live settings (beta) – We now support continuous streaming options, scheduled livestreams to Facebook pages, geographic location tags, adding friends via tags, and advanced video targeting.
- Livestream Studio – Live Production Switcher Hardware and Software (Download version 4.5 today):
- 4K encoding – Stream in 4K multi-bitrate to Livestream and YouTube.
- NDI Support – Studio now plays nicely with other switchers and products that support NewTek’s NDI. Bring motion graphics with transparency from third party products right into Studio graphics templates over the network. Import and export HD sources with NDI appliances, software, and switchers over the network.
- Advanced Facebook Live settings – We now support continuous streaming options, scheduled live streams to Facebook pages, ability to tag geographical location and friends to post, video tags and advanced video targeting.
- Earlier this year we released hardware acceleration for Intel Quicksync-enabled CPUs and NVENC-enable Nvidia GPUs. As a result we updated the minimum specification for Studio making it more affordable than ever to create a Studio based workflow – all the way to 4K production, encoding and streaming.
- Native support for Periscope/Twitter.
- Livestream Cloud – Live and on-demand video cloud platform service that integrates with your website, OTT/mobile apps, and social feeds:
- 4K video playback – Stream 4K video from Studio to your Livestream page and video embed for live and archived content.
- Simulcast to Multiple Platforms – Send a single stream to Livestream while distributing your live content to Facebook Live, YouTube, Twitter/Periscope, and/or any RTMP enabled destination.
- Consolidated Analytics – A single bird’s eye view of all of how all your streams perform across social channels in your analytics dashboard.
- Lead Capture – Collect key data on potential leads (like name and email) by gating your content with custom input fields.
We’re excited to share these advances in our products at NAB. Visit our booth or watch live from the show.