TEDx events are one day conferences that have very short inspirational talks (no more than 18 minutes) that have ideas worth spreading. Each conference brings in leaders from many fields, such as technology, entertainment, design, social activism, business, and and more! These TEDx events have mushroomed in Hong Kong, so what makes TEDxYouth special?
1. Unlike other TEDx events, which are focused around adults, this event is youth driven. That means this event is designed for a youth target audience.
2. We have shorter talks – 12 minutes is generally our maximum.
3. We have activities – no other TEDx event in Hong Kong has invited speakers to lead 15 minute workshops. We have exciting activities lead by Dr. Raymond Choy(蔡漢成博士)to design and decorate Qee’s, Wushu World Champion, Marvel Chow(周定宇) to lead Wing Chun, and designer Wendy Lau(劉景雯) to do Leather Origami
4. We have open-mic sessions with 2 minute pitches – The audience can pitch their idea worth spreading for 2 minutes on the TEDx stage! This is in response to our extremely successful Community Social, where we tested this platform. We have since chosen 2 candidates (Wendy Chen and Jah Ying Chung) to be our additional speakers.
5. We are the largest TEDx event in Hong Kong, with over 500+ participants because we bring TEDx to our partner schools – we offer free live-streaming partnerships to schools, so that students can not only watch, but also participate in our activities!
List of Speakers: (Over 15 of Hong Kong’s leaders are presenting!)
- Dr. William Lo(盧永仁博士), Vice-Chairman of South China Media Group and a Blogger with half a million followers in China and Hong Kong
- Dr. Raymond Choy(蔡漢成博士), Founder of Toy2R and the iconic Qee character, which has been auctioned a by Sothebys and Christies
- Jessie Ting(丁葉燕薇), Hong Kong's 1st Female Postmaster General, and Veteran Civil Servant
- Prudence Mak(麥雅端), Founder of Chocolate Rain and creater of the iconic Fatina character
- Teddy Lo, Internationally Acclaimed LED Artist, and a leader in the Tech-Art Industry