A conversation about the role of progressives in the next election. How do we balance support for the Democrats with the need to mobilize grassroots support for social and economic causes? How do we determine priorities for strained resources? What should we be seeking from a second term Obama administration? Audience questions to follow conversation. Sponsored by The New School and The Nation.
Featuring Nation contributors:
- Katrina vanden Heuvel, Editor, publisher, The Nation.
- John Nichols, Washington correspondent, The Nation.
- Chris Hayes, MSNBC host.
- Ilyse Hogue, political strategist.
- Patricia J. Williams, Professor of Law, Columbia University.
- Moderated by Richard Kim, Executive Editor, The Nation.